We represent individuals seeking to become U.S. lawful permanent residents through their employment in the United States. We also represent businesses seeking to sponsor an employee for an employment-based visa.
There are three “preference categories” related to the qualifications of the applicant:
First preference (EB-1) applies to those with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics. This category also includes outstanding professors and researchers and certain multinational managers and executives.
Second preference (EB-2) – applies to members of professions holding advanced degrees or who have exceptional ability.
Third preference (EB-3) – applies to skilled workers, professionals, or other workers.
In addition to the EB-1 through EB-3 categories, there are two additional employment-based preference categories:
- Religious workers;
- Special Immigrant Juveniles;
- Certain broadcasters;
- Certain retired officers or employees of a G-4 international organization or NATO-6 civilian employees and their family members;
- Certain employees of the U.S. government who are abroad and their family members;
- Members of the U.S. armed forces;
- Panama Canal company or Canal Zone government employees;
- Certain physicians licensed and practicing medicine in a U.S. state as of Jan. 9, 1978;
- Afghan or Iraqi translators or interpreters;
- Iraqis who were employed by or on behalf of the U.S. government; and
- Afghans who were employed by the U.S. government or International Security Assistance Force (ISAF).
Fifth preference (EB-5) – applies to those who make a qualifying investment of at least $800,000 or $1,050,000, depending on where the investment takes place, and can demonstrate that the investment has created at least 10 new full-time jobs.
Tell Us About Your Case
“I have had the privilege of working closely with Mr. Santee for over 5 years and have relied on his superb skills and excellent judgement to assist me in completing complex cases to successful outcomes. Our organization wouldn’t be where we are today without the strong relationship we have with Mr. Santee.”
“Mr. Santee represented me on my appeal. He got my conspiracy charge reduced and my sentence cut in half so that I ended up with time-served. He saved me four years of parole!”
"I thought I was going to die in prison. However, today I can see the light at the end of the tunnel because of the dedication and hard work of Attorney at Law David Santee. Anyone who is seeking true representation from an attorney who is not going to take your money and sell you out should consider David Santee because he will ensure your rights are protected."