Green Cards & Visas for Loved Ones
Want to sponsor your loved one for a ‘green card’ but don’t know quite where to start?
Don’t know if your relationship qualifies? If you make enough money to financially sponsor your loved one?
We’re Here to Help!
Not every relative of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (“green card holder”) can obtain a green card in the U.S. just based on that relationship.In order to apply for a Green Card, you must be eligible under one of the categories listed below.
- Spouse of a U.S. citizen
- Unmarried child under the age of 21 of a U.S. citizen
- Parent of a U.S. citizen who is at least 21 years old
- Family member of a U.S. citizen, meaning you are the:
- Unmarried son or daughter of a U.S. citizen and you are 21 years old or older
- Married son or daughter of a U.S. citizen
- Brother or sister of a U.S. citizen who is at least 21 years old
- Family member of a lawful permanent resident, meaning you are the:
- Spouse of a lawful permanent resident
- Unmarried child under the age of 21 of a lawful permanent resident
- Unmarried son or daughter of a lawful permanent resident 21 years old or older.
- Person admitted to the U.S. as a fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen (K-1 nonimmigrant)
- Person admitted to the U.S. as the child of a fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen (K-2 nonimmigrant)
- Widow or widower of a U.S. citizen and you were married to your U.S. citizen spouse at the time your spouse died
- Abused spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Abused child (unmarried and under 21 years old) of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Abused parent of a U.S. citizen
Immigration law is very complicated. There are exceptions and exemptions to many different laws and procedures in the system. For instance, stepchildren can be sponsored in certain circumstances even if not biologically related to the U.S. citizen. Even if the petitioning U.S. citizen dies, a widow or family member who was being sponsored by that deceased U.S. citizen can still obtain their green card in certain circumstances. There are provisions for adoption, orphans, unique forms of legal relief for children, and even ways for grandchildren to be sponsored in certain circumstances. It is important to have an experienced family and removal immigration attorney to discuss your options, expected timeline in processing your case any trend of backlog in visa numbers, and any alternatives or additional ways to immigrate the U.S.
Call us today to discuss your case. We will evaluate your case in detail and provide the best option/s for you to obtain U.S. permanent residency.
About Our Firm
The Law Offices of David S. Santee is a Philadelphia-based law firm that represents individuals and businesses in a variety of immigration matters, including family-based applications for permanent residency and naturalization, employment-based immigrant and non-immigrant petitions, asylum petitions, and removal defense. We have extensive experience with the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program, having worked on more than 175 projects seeking EB-5 financing. Our firm’s founder, David S. Santee, Esquire, has nearly two decades of experience practicing law. A seasoned courtroom advocate, Mr. Santee is the former Director of Trial Advocacy Programs at Villanova University School of Law, where he continues to teach a course in Trial Advocacy as an Adjunct Professor. In addition to representing clients in immigration matters, Mr. Santee has also tried hundreds of criminal cases. He often represents individuals who are at risk of being removed from the United States due to pending or past criminal charges.
See What Our Clients Have to Say
“I have had the privilege of working closely with Mr. Santee for over 5 years and have relied on his superb skills and excellent judgement to assist me in completing complex cases to successful outcomes. Our organization wouldn’t be where we are today without the strong relationship we have with Mr. Santee.”
“Mr. Santee represented me on my appeal. He got my conspiracy charge reduced and my sentence cut in half so that I ended up with time-served. He saved me four years of parole!”
"I thought I was going to die in prison. However, today I can see the light at the end of the tunnel because of the dedication and hard work of Attorney at Law David Santee. Anyone who is seeking true representation from an attorney who is not going to take your money and sell you out should consider David Santee because he will ensure your rights are protected."
More About Our Immigration Practice
We represent individuals who are seeking to immigrate to the United States through a family member who is a United States Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident. This includes spouses, finances, children, siblings, and other family members.
We represent individuals who are seeking to travel or immigrate to the United States based on their employment status. This includes priority workers, skilled workers, professionals with advanced degrees, and foreign investors.
We represent individuals in removal proceedings in Immigration Court. If you or a loved one has been served with a Notice to Appear in Immigration Court, contact us now to find out what defenses are available.
Based in Philadelphia
Serving all of Pennsylvania
Serving all of Pennsylvania