Practice Areas

Appeals & Post-Conviction

Our justice system is far from perfect. Sometimes judges make mistakes. Sometimes criminal defense lawyers fall down on the job. Sometimes the law changes, creating new rights for those who have already been convicted and sentenced. And sometimes new evidence comes to light and it changes everything.

Fortunately, the law recognizes these imperfections and offers some solutions. In a criminal case, there is an automatic right to appeal to the Superior Court of Pennsylvania, raising any legal errors that occurred during the process to that point. Someone who is convicted may also file a petition under the Post-Conviction Relief Act (PCRA), raising additional issues, such as ineffective assistance of counsel, a new constitutional right, or new evidence that has come to light that calls the conviction into question.

The Law Offices of David S. Santee represents clients on appeal from civil, criminal, and administrative courts, and on PCRA petitions in criminal matters. There are strict time limits for filing these claims. Therefore, if you or someone you know wants to challenge a conviction, please reach out to us today for a consultation.

Let’s Discuss Your Case

FormCraft - WordPress form builder

Based in Philadelphia
Serving all of Pennsylvania


Ready to Discuss Your Case?

Call Now Button